Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Susan Boyle - Britain's Got Talent

I have been increasingly skeptical of reality television over the past few years as it just keeps getting stupider and stupider in my opinion. Rubbish like The Apprentice and Keeping with the Kardashians continues to stay on the air year after year when a whole slew of great scripted television shows continue to appear and quickly disappear because their audience seems more captivated with the inanity of much of reality television. I was very skeptical of its use until I saw a Youtube video of a matronly old woman (about 47 so not too old) walk onto stage and bring an entire audience to their feet and the judges to tears. Truth be told, I was weeping as well because she not only sang one of the most hauntingly beautiful songs ("I had a Dream" from Les Miserables) but she sang it brilliantly. I encourage everyone to watch this video and just enjoy the beauty that can come from the smallest things.

The next time the news of the economy bums you out watch this and remember that there are still surprises around every corner and you never know what will come next. When you have bad news come up I would encourage you to take a peek at the bravery of Susan Boyle. I know it seems like I'm being a bit over the top with this but this video really touched me and brought many feelings to the surface. Again, please watch.

Apparently I can't embed the video in the body of the blog itself, but here is the link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY.

No comments: